View the refurbished HP Smart Array P822/2GB FBWC 6Gb 2-ports-Int/4-ports Ext SAS Controller 615418-B21 643379-001 Quickspecs here
The HP Smart Array P822 Controller is a Full height, 6 Gb/s, PCIe 3.0, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) RAID controller that provides enterprise class, second generation storage performance, maximum external scalability, and data protection for select HP ProLiant Gen8 rack servers and tower servers.
It features two internal and four external SAS ports. Advanced storage functionality, including online RAID level migration with flash backed write cache (FBWC), global online spare, and pre-failure warning all result in increased server uptime. Data compatibility gives customers an easy upgrade path to future Smart Array Controllers.
HP Smart Array Advanced Pack 2.0 is included with this controller providing advanced functionality, including features such as RAID 1 ADM (Advanced Data Mirroring), making it easier for customers to protect their data.
- Seamless upgrades to and from other HP Smart Array controllers.
- Storage interface (SAS/SATA)
- Two Mini SAS 4i connectors for attachment to internal drive backplanes
- Four Mini SAS 4x connectors for attachment to JBODs and external tape drives
- 6 Gb/s SAS technology delivers up to 600 MB/s per physical link.
- 6 Gb/s SATA technology delivers up to 600 MB/s for directly attached SATA drives.
- Mix-and-match SAS and SATA drives. Deploy drive technology as needed to fit the computing environment.
- Support for SAS tape drives, SAS tape autoloaders and SAS tape libraries.
- Host interface (PCI-e)
- PCI-e 3.0 8x host interface provides up to 8 GiB/s in each direction
- RAID controller features
- 2GB flash-backed write cache (not all of which is available for user data)
- RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 5, 6, 50, 60, and 1 ADM
- Recovery ROM protects against ROM corruption
- Smart Array Advanced Pack 2.0 license key included (see below)
- The HP SSD Smart Path feature included in the Smart Array software stack improves SSD read performance by bypassing the Smart Array firmware for the optimal performance path to the SSD.
- The HP SmartCache licensed feature (available as an additional option) is a controller-based read caching solution in a DAS environment that caches the most frequently accessed data ("hot" data) onto lower latency SSDs to dynamically accelerate application workloads.
- Consistent management software among all Smart Array family products, including Array Configuration Utility (ACU), Systems Insight Manager (SIM), Array Diagnostic Utility (ADU), Online ROM Configuration Utility (ORCA), and Intelligent Provisioning
- SAS 2.0 (6 Gb/s, 3 Gb/s, and 1.5 Gb/s). 6 Gb/s bandwidth supports larger numbers of SAS drives in the SAS subsystem and provides better support for future high-bandwidth SSDs.
- SATA 2.6 (6 Gb/s and 3 Gb/s)
- 24 SAS/SATA physical links distributed across six Mini SAS connectors
- Two Mini SAS 4i connectors (8 physical links): for attachment to internal drive backplanes
- Four Mini SAS 4x connectors (16 physical links): for attachment to JBODs and external tape drives