The HP Smart Array P711m is a PCI-Express (PCIE) mezzanine card supporting shared and direct attached SAS Storage. It is one of the highest performing controllers in the HP 6Gb/s SAS portfolio and provides new levels of reliability, connectivity, and storage performance for HP Blade servers through its support of the latest SCSI technology and advanced RAID capabilities. Supports up to 108 zoned direct attached SAS or SATA hard drives per HP Smart Array P711m Controller.
Smart Array PCIe mezzanine card that connects to a HP 6Gb/s SAS BL Switch through the c-Class enclosure high-speed mid-plane supporting shared SAS storage. Eight (8) 6Gb/s SAS physical links distributed across 4 external 2x ports to supports up to 4 6Gb/s SAS Switches, Storage interface (SAS/SATA), 6Gb/s SAS technology delivers up to 600 MB/s per physical link., 3Gb/s SATA technology delivers up to 300 MB/s for directly attached SATA drives., Mix-and-match SAS and SATA drives. Deploy drive technology as needed to fit the computing environment. Support for SAS tape drives, SAS tape autoloaders and SAS tape libraries. RAID controller features, 1 GB flash-backed write cache (not all of which is available for user data), RAID 0, 1, , 5, 6, 50, 60, RAID configuration for shared storage is controlled by the Array Controller of enclosure the array, RAID 0.1.3, 220.127.116.11, License key for Smart Array Advanced Pack (SAAP) included, Software consistency among all Smart Array family products: Array Configuration Utility, Systems Insight Manager, Array Diagnostic Utility (ADU) and SmartStart, 1G Flash Backed Write Cache (FBWC) provides indefinite write cache data retention in the case of unexpected power outage. Multi-path support available in Smart Array firmware when using zoned direct attached storage. Both direct attached storage paths are load balanced for improved performance when using the enclosure in dual domain mode using SAS HDDs.
Online Array Expansion, Online RAID Level Migration Online Stripe Size Migration Online Spares (Global), User Selectable Expand and Rebuild Priority, Online Logical Drive Extension Availability.
Eight (8) 6Gb/s SAS physical links distributed across 4 external 2x ports which supports up to 4 6Gb/s SAS Switches, 6Gb/s SAS (600MB/s bandwidth per physical link), The P711m supports higher performance between the 6G SAS Switch and MDS600 by attaching 2 SAS cables from any quad of 6G SAS Switch ports to the 2 ports on the MDS600 IO module to create an 8x wide SAS port, 1G Flash Backed Write Cache.
Provides increased server uptime by providing advanced storage functionality: Online RAID Level Migration (between any RAID level), Online Capacity Expansion, Logical Drive Capacity Extension, Global Online Spare.
Keeps data available and server running while a failed drive is being replaced; several fault tolerance configurations are supported including:
- RAID 6 (Advanced Data Guarding): Supported with a minimum of 4 drives. This allocates two sets of parity data across drives. This level of fault tolerance can withstand a double drive failure without downtime or data loss.
- RAID 60: Supported with a minimum of 8 drives. This volume is composed of two or more RAID 6 sub-volumes (parity groups) where data is striped across each parity group as if it were a single physical drive. Each RAID 6 parity group can sustain up to two drive failures without incurring data loss.
- RAID 5 (Distributed Data Guarding): Supported with a minimum of 3 drives. This allocates one set of parity data across drives. This level of fault tolerance can withstand a single drive failure without downtime or data loss.
- RAID 50: Supported with a minimum of 6 drives. This volume is composed of two or more RAID 5 sub-volumes (parity groups) where data is striped across each parity group as if it were a single physical drive. Each RAID 5 parity group can sustain a single drive failure without incurring data loss.
- RAID 1 & 10 (Drive Mirroring): Supported with a minimum of 2 drives. This allocates half of the drive array to the data and the other half to the mirrored data, providing two copies of the data.
- RAID 1 ADM & 10 ADM (Advanced Data Mirroring): Supported with a minimum of 3 drives. RAID 1 ADM creates redundant copies of the data using 3 drives. RAID 10 ADM stripes data across two or more sets of RAID 1 ADM volumes. This level of fault tolerance can withstand a double drive failure within a RAID 1 ADM volume without downtime or data loss.
Supported Servers: HP ProLiant Server Blades, HP ProLiant BL280c G6, HP ProLiant BL460c G6 & G7, HP ProLiant BL465c G6 & G7, HP ProLiant BL490c G6 & G7, HP ProLiant BL620c G7, HP ProLiant BL680c G5 & G7, HP ProLiant BL685c G6 & G7, HP Integrity Server Blades, HP Integrity BL860c i2, HP Integrity BL870c i2, HP Integrity BL870c i4, HP Integrity BL890c i2, HP Integrity BL890c i4
Operating Systems and Virtualization Software Support for ProLiant Servers: Microsoft Windows 2003, Microsoft Windows 2008 R2, SLES 10, SLES 11, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, VMware ESX 4.0, VMware ESX 4.1, VMware ESXi 5.0, HP-UX 11iv3.