View the refurbished HP StorageWorks LTO-4 Ultrium 1760 SCSI Internal Quickspecs here
The HP StorageWorks family of Ultrium tape drives is HP's premier line of tape backup devices. Based on LTO Ultrium format, an open standard with a well-defined six-generation roadmap, HP Ultrium tape drives offer customers the best choice for investment protection relative to their backup and archival requirements. HP pioneered the half-height Ultrium drive, as the only manufacturer offering full-height and half-height models of each generation of Ultrium drives. Delivering the perfect balance of capacity and performance, HP Ultrium half-height drives are designed for server customers in direct attached storage (DAS) environments where hard disk and system bottlenecks can impede data transfer rates. Four generations of half-height drives are available from HP, offering a wide portfolio to meet the backup requirements for entry and midrange servers.
With ultimate reliability and ease of use in mind, even at a 100% duty cycle, HP's rugged design builds on superior LTO technology and adds advanced features to create a new level of data protection. HP Ultrium tape drives employ dynamic data rate matching to adjust to the speed of the host, reducing wear and tear on both drive and media and increasing performance, even on slower hosts. HP's ultra-durable soft-load feature automatically positions the data cartridge, and the highly reliable HP leader-capture mechanism virtually eliminates lost leaders, increasing the success of your backup and restore operations. The included HP Data Protector Express Single Server Edition Software supports the HP tape drive's One-Button Disaster Recovery feature to provide the easiest way to restore data in the event of a disaster. If data is critical to your business, protect it with an HP StorageWorks Ultrium tape drives.
The HP StorageWorks LTO-4 Ultrium 1760 Tape Drive is HP's fourth-generation of LTO tape drive technology capable of storing up to The HP StorageWorks LTO-4 Ultrium 1760 Tape Drive is HP's fourth-generation of half-height LTO tape drive technology capable of storing up to 1.6 TB per cartridge in under 3 hours. Available in both SCSI and SAS models, HP Ultrium half-height drives are designed for server customers in direct attached storage (DAS) environments where hard disk and system bottlenecks can impede data transfer rates. To further protect the most sensitive data, AES 256-bit hardware data encryption provides easy-to-enable security to prevent unauthorized access of tape cartridges. By using LTO-4 hardware data encryption, not only is data fully capable of being compressed therefore maximizing capacity, encrypted backups are completed without a loss in performance. Capable of data transfer rates up to 160 MB/sec, HP's exclusive Data Rate Matching feature further optimizes performance by matching speed of host to keep drives streaming and enabling the fastest performance of any tape drive in the industry. The Ultrium 1760 provides investment protection with full read and write support with LTO-4 and LTO-3 media, and the ability to read LTO-2 cartridge. By doubling the capacity of previous generation Ultrium drives, HP customers now require fewer data cartridges to meet their storage needs, significantly reducing their IT costs and increasing their ROI.
- Affordable LTO technology
- Enterprise-class capacity and reliability
- Compact half-height form factor
- HP One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) restores your entire system at the touch of a button
- High-capacity drives that store up to 1.6 TB of data on a single cartridge with 2:1 compression
- Data rate matching continuously adjusts the speed of the tape drive to that of the server or network environment, which increases performance, reduces mechanical wear on the drive, and extends tape life
- Fully read-and-write compatible with Ultrium drives and media from other manufacturers
- Internal, external, array module and rack-mounted models available
- Active head cleaning provides automated cleaning that increases head life and reduces the need for using the cleaning cartridge
- Lower power consumption for maximum reliability at minimum cost
- Soft-load feature automatically takes the data cartridge and moves it into the load position
- Advanced tape leader capture design ensures fail-safe cartridge loading Internal, external, hot-swap, and rack-mounted models are available
- Includes HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools to help with installation, management, and troubleshooting