View the refurbished Cisco 3945 IP Base Integrated Services Router CISCO3945/K9 Data Sheet
The Cisco 3900 Series builds on the best-in-class offering of the existing Cisco 3800 Series Integrated Services Routers by now offering four platforms (Figure 1): the Cisco 3945E, Cisco 3925E, Cisco 3945, and Cisco 3925 Integrated Services Routers.
The Cisco 3900 Series offers embedded hardware encryption acceleration, voice- and video-capable DSP slots, optional firewall, intrusion prevention, call processing, voicemail, and application services. In addition, the platforms support the industry’s widest range of wired and wireless connectivity options such as T1/E1, T3/E3, xDSL, copper, and fiber Gigabit Ethernet.
The Cisco 3900 Series offers superior performance and flexibility for flexible network deployments from small business offices to large enterprise offices - all while providing industry-leading investment protection.
The Cisco 3900 Series is architected to meet the application demands of today’s branch offices with design flexibility for future applications. The modular architecture is designed to support increasing bandwidth requirements, time-division multiplexing (TDM) interconnections, and fully integrated power distribution to modules supporting 802.3af PoE and Cisco ePoE
This Cisco 3945 Inegrated Services Router CISCO3945/K9 allowes the following features :
● The Cisco 3900 Series routers are highly modular platforms with several types of module slots to add connectivity and services for varied branch-office network requirements.
● The routers offer an industry-leading breadth of LAN and WAN connectivity options through modules to accommodate field upgrades to future technologies without requiring platform replacement.
● The Cisco SPE on the Cisco 3900 offers the ability to increase the performance of the router with a field-upgradable motherboard as your network needs grow.
● The Cisco 3900 Series routers are powered by high-performance multicore processors that can support the growing demands of high-speed WAN connections to the branch office while also running multiple concurrent services.
● Embedded hardware encryption acceleration is enhanced to provide higher scalability, which, combined with an optional Cisco IOS Software Security license, enables WAN link security and VPN services (both IPSec and SSL acceleration).
● The onboard encryption hardware outperforms the advanced integration modules (AIMs) of previous generations.
● The Cisco 3900 Series introduces an innovative MGF that allows for efficient module-to-module communication, enabling tighter services interactions across modules while reducing the overhead on the router processor.
● Unified communications services in the branch office are significantly enhanced with the use of TDM interconnectivity fabric in the router architecture, allowing for scaling of DS-0 channel capacity.
● The Cisco 3900 Series provides up to four 10/100/1000 Ethernet WAN ports.
● Two of the 10/100/1000 Ethernet WAN ports on the Cisco 3900 Series can support Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP)-based connectivity in lieu of RJ-45 ports, enabling fiber connectivity.
● A new, innovative, mini-B USB console port supports management connectivity when traditional serial ports are not available.
● Traditional console and auxiliary ports are also available.
● An optional upgrade to the internal power supply provides inline power (802.3af-compliant PoE, Cisco ePoE, and Cisco Inline Power) to optional integrated switch modules.
● An optional DC power supply that extends possible deployment environments such as central offices and industrial environments will be available in the future.
● Power redundancy is available by installing an optional integrated RPS, thereby decreasing network downtime and protecting the network from power-supply failures.
● When populated with dual integrated power supplies, the Cisco 3900 Series can operate in a configurable PoE boost mode in lieu of redundant power mode whereby the power capacity of the platform is increased to almost twice the normal power to support additional PoE ports.
● The Cisco 3945 and 3925 are designed for Network Equipment Building Systems (NEBS) environments.